Don’t worry, this post won’t be as “depressing” as it sounds. I just wanted to reach out to my fellow writers and say you’re not alone if you’ve ever felt depressed. Because we all get like that at times and here’s why writers suffer so much.
- Our work is under appreciated and under valued.
- We work for a long, long time only to have a small audience ever read our work. (Especially at first)
- Misunderstood time and time again.
- Writing is a lonely profession.
- You often wish the reality you write about were your reality, but it’s not, and that sucks.
- Being underpaid for the work we do.
- Being given writing tasks like they’re easy when they’re not.
- Writer’s block.
- Having an idea but struggling to make it what you envision it could be.
- No reads make you feel like a failure.
- No one understands the depth of something you’ve created.
- People can sometimes think our jobs aren’t “real jobs”.
You’re not alone, friends. So connect with other writers and keep going despite the depression. Much love.